I don’t know about you, but for me the idea of a business plan makes me gag. For most of my personal training business life, they have been a useless tool that I have felt very detached from (I know, that’s terrible isn’t it?). Traditional business talk about SWOT analysis’, cash flow predictions and lines of credit – all of which are topics that really don’t rock my boat.
As a passionate personal training business owner, I was more interested in who I should focus my business at, what problems they have and how my service was going to solve those problems. I figured if I could sort that out then half the battle would be won.
So I came up with my own “no B.S” business plan that cuts the crap, keeps things simple and has a really strong focus on action. A plan that makes you think about the everything that is important when starting out your personal training business, things like:
- really looking at why you want to run your business.
- identifying who you are going to aim your service at and how they think.
- discovering how your service is going to solve real problems for your target market.
- identifying your equipment and facility needs.
- what your most effective conversion method is to get lots of clients.
- what other products and services can you sell to increase your profits.
- what on-line and off-line ways will you attract leads.
- how to become a local fitness identity in your area.
- what strategies do you have in place to overcome stress.
- what are the reasons your business will fail and how will you stop them.
- and what actions will you make right now to move things forward.
As you can see, these are all REALLY practical issues that I think are important to all trainers whether you are just starting out or have been in the business for a while now.
So if you feel like you have been drifting at sea with your business and need a little direction, you can download your own version of the “No B.S Business Plan For Personal Trainers” by throwing your details in the box below (it’s a 13 page workbook so it’s a bit too big for this page):
Oh, I forgot to mention a couple of things…
a) It’s free and that’s just because I get a sh#tload of e-mails from trainers asking me about about business plans so I thought that I would just put the basic one that I use into a down-loadable format for everyone to access.
b) As part of the workbook, I have also included my Three Secrets To A Mildly Wildly Successful Personal Training Business which gives you my insight into why some trainers smash it and others shrug their shoulders in disappointment – this little gem might (re: will) surprise you.
c) The “business plan” bit of the workbook consists of 20 simple questions that I ask you in order to help move your business forward with structure. I have also included some cues for each question to help with your answers and to make this process as easy as possible for you. Alright, I think that is just about everything. I really hope that you get as much out of using this simple “no B.S” business plan as I do and if you have any questions or comments just leave them below and I will get straight back to you.
Cheers Rick :-)
P.S: Here is the box again to get your business plan workbook and if you like like what you read then feel free to share the plan with other trainers using the buttons below.